Today we’re launching shout-outs, our newest feature. It’s here to help you and your colleagues celebrate every tiny victory. Because everyone should be recognised for their day-to-day work.
Recognition is essential for happy teams. It helps shape a positive culture, strengthens team relationships and improves engagement. Yet 65% of employees haven’t received any recognition in the last 12 months!
Recognition has always been an important part of our employee voice feature. But we knew there was so much more we could do with it, which is why we’re so excited about this new release.
How do shout-outs work?
We’ve given shout-outs a glow-up! To give them the space they deserve they’ll now appear separately within your Stribe account.
Stribe’s shout-outs make it quick and simple for you and your colleagues to give those little messages of recognition that mean so much.
Shout-outs give everyone the ability to send easy and effective recognition. Accessible on mobile and desktop, they’re as simple as selecting who you want to recognise, telling them why and clicking send!
Instead of going to a Stribe admin, shout-outs now appear on your organisation’s new shout-out wall. You and your colleagues’ will be able to view everyone’s shout-outs in real-time. You can celebrate them by adding emojis and even leave your own congratulatory comments.
We’ve also given you the ability to link your shout-outs to your company values. This embeds those values deeper and aligns your people and culture.
As with every part of Stribe, privacy is always in the hands of the employee. If a colleague wishes, they can change their sent/received shout-outs to private at any time, which will remove them from the wall.
Recognition is essential in a great workplace, and it doesn't need to be complicated or expensive. A recent study found that 82% of employees actually preferred receiving praise to gifts.
Recognition is the easiest way to boost employee engagement. And when it comes from peers, it strengthens team relationships too. How? It reduces any competitive feelings colleagues may have for each other. Replacing it with an increased feeling of collaboration instead.
It also helps team leaders to highlight best practice examples. By celebrating those little moments you give every employee the opportunity to learn and grow from them.
It’s pretty powerful stuff when you think about it! Imagine what could happen if we all spent just 10 minutes a week sending shout-outs… we could supercharge our teams to be happier, more collaborative and more engaged!
Get started with shout-outs today
Shout-outs are now live for all Stribe customers! 🙌
We’ve created our Top 6 tips below to help you successfully embed shout-outs in your organisation:
1) Create a habit – start small by starting or ending your week by sending a recognition on Stribe. Aim to build this up to daily, it will help you notice the little things!
2) Celebrate in the moment – send your shout-outs as soon as they happen, it makes them much more meaningful.
3) Spread the love - be mindful of who you’re sending shout-outs to. It can be easy to send them to colleagues you work with closely every day. Aim to recognise everyone you work with in equal measure!
4) Get into the detail – be as specific as you can with your recognition. It can make it so much more powerful for the person receiving it.
5) It’s not always about achievements – shout-outs are about appreciation and being there for one another as much as they are about achievements. It’s why we’re so keen for you to celebrate every small moment. They all add up!
6) Set reminders for colleagues – include information about shout-outs in your internal communications so employees know it’s there for them.
Let us know what you think!
We’re excited about the new shout-outs feature, and can’t wait to see it out in the world.
We really hope you enjoying using shout-outs. As always, we’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback. Pop us a message using the messenger in the bottom right of your screen.,